Product Recommendations for Knee Replacement
Along with appropriate medications, exercise, and other management techniques, adaptive equipment can help you maintain your independence if you have a Knee Replacement. There are a variety of assistive devices that are designed to make home care and daily activities more comfortable.
Examples of Daily Aids:
- □ 3-in -1 Commode
- □ Hip Kit- Reacher, Dressing Stick, Elongated Sponge, Shoe Horn and Sock Aid
- □ Crutches- Underarm, Elbow Crutches or Forearm Crutches
- □ Grab Bars- Mounted or Suction... Offers assistance in many rooms in a house
- □ Knee Immobilizer
- □ Shower Safety- Shower Chair With or Without Back / Transfer Bench
- □ Toilet Riser
- □ Graduated Compression Stockings or TED hose
- □ Canes- Single Point/ Quad Cane/ Tripod Tip
- □ Walkers: Front Wheel or Rollator with Seat
- □ Wheelchairs: Standard or Transport (Rental Available)
- □ Lift Chair Recliner... Easily rise to a standing position or recline to sleep
- □ Cold Therapy Unit… Offers automatic continuous cold therapy assistance
Note: Not all of these recommendations may benefit your personal situation.
Your occupational therapist, physician or rehabilitation specialist can help
determine which of these recommendations are best for you.